Website The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Rustandy Center’s mission is to advance research, promote innovation, and develop the people and practices to accelerate solving the social problems confronting our world. This position focuses on supporting the Rustandy Center’s program goals to 1) equip Booth students and alumni to increase their social impact by applying their business and management skills, knowledge, and experience; and 2) be the leading university-based launch pad and knowledge center for the next generation of social entrepreneurs and the people who fund them.
The Assistant Director of Programs manages the planning and administration for multiple Rustandy Center programs and activities related to social sector engagement. Responsibilities include strategic planning, event design and execution, research, and stakeholder engagement for both established and new programs. It is based on the Hyde Park campus with occasional events and meetings downtown.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads planning and execution of multiple student- and alumni-facing social sector engagement programs. These include, but are not limited to, the Net Impact Board Fellows, Alumni Board Connect, and Nonprofit Leadership Circles. Coordinates with the events manager, on all aspects of event execution, including space reservation, catering needs, audiovisual and facilities needs, with attention to attendee needs and virtual event platforms. Coordinates with the marketing team to promote events and programs to students and alumni, including creation of materials such as posters, brochures, flyers, and surveys. Assists with evaluation and understanding of student and alumni needs in order to evolve and develop impactful programming.
- For nonprofit board programming, such as the virtual On Board series and the Nonprofit Board Toolkit, collaborates with colleagues to adapt the format, approach, and content to meet center objectives and evolving stakeholder needs. In collaboration with marketing, plans new nonprofit content as well as leverages event-based content to extend the reach of Center thought leadership.
- Manages outreach and programming for Booth’s Civic Scholars Program. Leads outreach to nonprofits, government agencies, and other external stakeholders to increase program awareness and pipeline candidates for this unique MBA scholarship program. Collaborates with internal departments to promote the program to individual applicants and social sector organizations, elevating Booth and the Center’s profile in this sector. Plans and executes co-curricular programming for Neubauer Civic Scholars including retreats, roundtable discussions, and social/networking events in conjunction with program directors.
- Coordinates external guest speakers and advisors, including managing the scheduling and logistics for 2-3 executives in residence.
- Works with community organizations, nonprofits, and businesses to explore avenues for collaboration with the Rustandy Center, Booth student groups, and alumni. Represents the Center, communicates potential resources, and cultivates and maintains external relationships.
- Connects student groups and individual students to mentors, speakers, and Rustandy Center support for their social sector activities and programming.
- Gathers actionable information regarding program outreach, quality, and attendance, identifying trends and opportunities to improve these activities.
- Performs other related work as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years of experience managing programs, events and/or organizations. Experience working in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience working with diverse campus constituencies, local communities, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated MS Office expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), web conferencing proficiency, event logistics, and internet researching skills.
- Strong organizational skills, prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Multitask, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated initiative, and work both independently and within a team.
- Creative and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills and willingness to seek out, coordinate, and appropriately disseminate information to key stakeholders.
- Genuine interest in event planning and relationship-building.
- Familiarity and interest in the University of Chicago, its constituents, and neighboring communities.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Rustandy Center and its goals, and to creating an inclusive environment for students, colleagues, and other Center stakeholders.
- Demonstrated passion for and experience in the social sector, including but not limited to, nonprofit organizations, community development, sustainability, social entrepreneurship, or other social impact fields.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Travel between Hyde Park campus and downtown Gleacher Center.
- Flexibility to occasionally work late or start early for Rustandy Center events.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information, please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination. Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.
To apply for this job please visit uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.