Website Columbia Basin College
Columbia Basin College (“CBC” or the “College”) seeks a Director for Technology Services (TS) to be responsible for the implementation of college Information Technology (IT) strategies. The Director will lead and oversee the IT Customer Success team as well as the Assistant Director for IT Infrastructure and Security and the Assistant Director for IT System Administration and Development. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Campus Operations.
This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by March 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Provide leadership of the College’s IT Customer Success, IT Infrastructure, and IT System and Development teams;
- Manage technology initiatives, including planning and cost estimation, while utilizing standard project management principles;
- Actively reach out to and work with customer groups to understand their technology needs and recommend solutions to meet those needs;
- Work and collaborate with the college’s administration in strategic planning, policy development, strategic visioning and overseeing the daily operations of Information Services;
- Represent the college at the Washington State Community and Technical Colleges Information Technology Commission (ITC);
- Lead and serve on technical and non-technical college-wide committees and groups;
- Adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, rules, and requirements that govern the college’s use of Information Technology;
- Serve on the college design and implementation team for construction projects to ensure IT standards and interests are represented;
- Provide leadership to CBC customers groups when choosing and implementation new technology;
- Provide leadership in planning, purchasing, implementing and managing IT systems and infrastructure;
- Prepare the college for major IT system changes;
- Ensure the development and implementation of IT security standards and processes across, server, network, cloud, and desktop environments;
- Other duties as assigned;
TO VIEW A COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION AND/OR APPLY, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.COLUMBIABASIN.EDU/JOBS.
CBC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PROTECTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Management, Computer Science, Project Management or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Three (3) years work experience in an IT field;
- Three (3) years relevant work experience managing and leading diverse workgroups; and
- One (1) Project management experience.
- Master’s degree Business Administration, Management and Leadership, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Five (5) years work experience in an IT field;
- Five (5) years relevant work experience managing and leading diverse workgroups; and
- Three (3) years Project Management experience.
- Higher education experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.